Areas Of Practice:
Arbitration, Association Agreements, Black Empowerment, Commercial, Commercial Drafting, Company Law, Company Registrations, Competition Law, Contracts, Corporate, Cross Border Mergers & Acquisitions, Due Diligence Audits, Insurance Law, Joint Ventures and Acquisitions , Leases, Litigation (Commercial), Litigation (Corporate), Litigation (High Court), Litigation (Tax), Mergers and Acquisitions, Mining, Notary / Notaries Public, Partnership Agreements, Pharmaceutical, Professional negligence, Sale of Business, Shareholders Agreements, Taxation, Town Planning, Trusts, Wills
Hugh Eiser has been admitted as an attorney since 1972. His expertise range over a wide area in the commercial law and commercial litigation fields, including:
- Negotiating and drafting of merger and acquisition, and related agreements, involving nine and ten figure amounts. I am able to understand simple and complex financial statements and, therefore, to ascertain a company’s real as opposed to its represented financial position.
- Experience in competition law, including both successful preparation and filing of merger documents with the Competition Commission, and appearances in complaint proceedings before the Competition Tribunal.
- Preparation of a successful application to the Securities Regulation Panel for exemption from the SRP Code.
- Experience in mining mergers and acquisitions, including the Minerals and Petroleum Resources Development Act.
- Expertise in short terms insurance, having acted for the insurance industry for many years. The malicious damage extension in the Multi Mark policy was drafted by me.
- Large High Court commercial litigation
- High Court and SCA appearances
Hugh holds three degrees including a Masters, and one post graduate diploma, all of which were obtained from the University of the Witwatersrand. I am a registered tax adviser. In addition to the usual legal and pre legal qualifications, Hugh Eiser, has the rare additional qualifications of H Dip Tax Law and an MBA.