Hugh Eiser has been admitted as an attorney since 1972. His expertise ranges over a wide area in the commercial law and commercial litigation fields, including:
- Negotiating and drafting of merger and acquisition, and related agreements, involving nine and ten figure amounts. He is able to understand simple and complex financial statements and, therefore, to ascertain a company’s real as opposed to its represented financial position.
- Experience in competition law, including both successful preparation and filing of merger documents with the Competition Commission, and preparation of documents and appearances in complaint proceedings before the Competition Tribunal.
- Preparation of successful application to the Securities Regulation Panel for exemption from the SRP Code.
- Experience in mining mergers and acquisitions, including the Minerals and Petroleum Resources Development Act.
- Expertise in short terms insurance, having acted for the insurance industry for many years. The malicious damage extension in the Multi Mark policy was drafted by him.
- Large High Court commercial litigation
- High Court and SCA appearances
Hugh holds three degrees including a Masters, and one post graduate diploma, all of which were obtained from the University of the Witwatersrand. He is a registered tax adviser. In addition to the usual legal and pre legal qualifications, Hugh Eiser has the rare additional qualifications of H Dip Tax Law and an MBA.
The firm is narrowly focused on commercial law, but is broadly based in this field.