June Stacey Marks Attorneys is a leading law firm in South Africa, committed to fighting for our clients, no matter what. We believe in innovation, attention to detail, and tenacity. Our managing partner, June Stacey Marks, has 15 years of experience, having argued successfully in a vast array of high profile matters (both local and International) with claims often exceeding many millions of rands. She holds a BCom (Finance), LLB, LLM (Company, Insurance and Insolvency Law) all received Cum Laude. In addition, we have vast accounting experience, combining detail of the law with an in depth understanding of commercial matters and the flows of funds. This has proven an immeasurable skill in preparing forensic reports, and in asset recovery.
June Stacey Marks Attorneys will handle all aspects of your case, from beginning to end, including the presentation in court. This ensures that the focus remains on the detail and solution, with no breaks in continuity. We invest time to make sure we completely understand your business, your business goals and challenges, and the complexities of your case. We will always endeavour to find solutions, to even the most complicated of issues, and give total commitment to our clients. We recognise each situation and every transaction is unique and we strive to find a tailored solution and approach to your problem. Our dedication , and our innovation, has earned us praise from our clients.
Our firm exists for YOUR needs. That idea has been the foundation and the building blocks that we have built June Stacey Marks Attorneys on. We have built from the ground up, into an unstoppable force with an unbeaten track record. We pride ourselves in being your shelter from the storm, helping you, guiding you, advising, and freeing you. With us, you will be assured of the receiving: Personal One-On-One Attention Tapping into our vast network of contacts The latest Cutting Edge Technology Unexpected Strategies Passion for the Law In the words of our managing partner: “What this all comes down to - the simple fact that once I get going there is no stopping me."
Our brochure may be found on our website www.junemarksattorneys.co.za or on the link http://www.junemarksattorneys.co.za/JSMAttorneyBrochure.pdf
June Stacey Marks Attorneys has flown to great heights in a number of High Profile matters including:
1. Operation Holbein: A criminal case in the United Kingdom where five major international drug companies and their directors were accused of colluding to fix the prices of penicillin and defrauding the UK National Health Service of £150 million. Our client was exonerated when the case was thrown out, and this was seen as a “major blow” to the UK's Serious Fraud Office’s credibility.
2. The civil litigation arising from the liquidation of Macmed Health Care Ltd including the insolvency enquiries and civil claims against the directors for personal liability in excess of R900 million. June Stacey Marks Attorneys dealt with one of the first computerised document discoveries.
3. Cases involving fraud on an empowerment agricultural fund managed by the Land Bank involving the upper echelons of the Land Bank and various government officials. The Fund asserts it was defrauded of in excess of R22 million in three separate cases.
4. The civil and criminal litigation involving Fidentia Asset Management which involved in excess of R1 billion. Claims by various investors in Fidentia against the curators.
5. Claims of investors against brokers in the RVAF Ponzi Scheme, involving the infamous Herman Pretorius. It was estimated that R2.2 bn disapppeared in the scandal.
Our clients include pension funds, liquidators, banks, listed and private companies, and private persons. We have developed extensive experience in High Court civil litigation, commercial criminal matters and forensic investigations. Our civil litigation experience includes liquidations and liquidation enquiries, company law, shareholder and director disputes, contractual disputes, administrative law, constitutional matters, asset recoveries, pension fund law, and general litigation.
Take shelter from the storm under the wings of our eagles