Thekiso Attorneys Inc is predominantly as Commercial firm that has experience in multi-million rand and multi-billion rand transactions and matters. We are here to listen to and understand your aspirations and goals or the problem that you desire to be solved, and then effectively and efficiently assist you to find a tailored, cost-effective commercial legal solution for you and/or your organisation.
Thekiso Attorneys Inc is an incorporated South African commercial law firm. We are 100% black owned with Level 1 BEE status and our procurement recognition level is as a 135% empowering supplier.
Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Humility and Empowerment. We have invaluable experience and insight having worked with financial services companies, state related entities, non-governmental/non-profit organisations (NGOs/NPOs), private individuals, HNWIs, entrepreneurs, sports and media personalities, private and public companies including multi-nationals and small medium enterprises (SMEs).
Utilising our expertise, we are able to provide solid, business driven advice to our clients. We build good relationships with our clients and are grateful to enjoy long established, fruitful relationships with some of our esteemed blue-chip clients.
Thekiso Attorneys provides a myriad of corporate commercial legal services, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Advising on corporate commercial law
- Corporate governance including some company secretarial support
- Corporate Finance and Restructuring of Debt
- Acquisitions and disposals of assets including mergers and fundamental transactions
- Debt funding including syndicated lending, term loans, preference share instruments, refinancing and related debt and security instruments Comprehensive commercial and legal due diligence investigations
- Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) advice
- Drafting, negotiating and/or review/vetting of various standard and complex commercial agreements (with their appropriate resolutions/approvals) locally and internationally including but not limited to:
❖ shareholders’ agreements, facilities/loan agreements, preference share subscription agreements; subscription agreements; confidentiality agreements (NDAs); term sheets; memorandums of agreement, memorandums of understanding (MOUs); acquisition agreements; sale of shares agreements; joint venture agreements; sale of business agreements; addendums; memoranda of incorporation; trust deeds; engagement agreements; property sale agreements and lease agreements (commercial and residential) including BEE sale of assets; supply and distribution agreements;
❖ Security packages including but not limited to cessions, various pledges of security, suretyships, guarantees; and
❖ Research, legal opinions and advice on various commercial or regulatory matters.
We are here to listen to and understand your aspirations and goals or the problem that you desire to be solved, and then effectively and efficiently assist you to find a tailored commercial legal solution for you and/or your organisation.
We are also able to assist to facilitate the requisite, specialised professional skills that you require outside of our practice such as a tax expert, chartered accountant/financial advisor etc for your commercial requirements.
We will act in your best interests as a business partner at feasible fee rates and structures.
We have a broad range of experience and recent transactions which we have been involved in, including but not limited to the following:
- Legal advisor to BEE Consortium on restructuring of debt in a large diamond mining company
- Legal Advisor to empowerment company in a consortia's bid to acquire major steel company
- Legal Advisor to empowerment company in the multi-billion rand sale and lease back of its investee company’s property portfolio
- Legal advisor to various clients on commercial and residential property acquisition, sale and lease agreements including BEE sale and leaseback
- Legal Advisor to a number of empowerment companies acquiring shares in various businesses, listed and unlisted
- Advisor to investment firms, other blue-chip entities and consortia on due diligence, acquisitions, sales, debt restructuring or refinancing, hybrid transactions, property transactions (sale and lease), BEE, the provision of senior debt funding, preference share funding and equity subscriptions
- Review of current and new (relevant) legislation and its impact on clients. This can include training
- Legal advisor to BEE Consortium on the proposed refinancing and the purchase of preference shares from a financial institution by a construction industry company
- Corporate governance advisory and company secretarial assistance for various clients
- Advisor of directors' roles and responsibilities, other matters and training in terms of the South African Companies' Act and other forms of commercial law
Our clients include but are not limited to multi-nationals, investment companies, BEE entities, high net worth individuals, sports and entertainment entities, media personalities, NPOs and other blue-chip entities. We are also committed to empowerment and mentorship of young legal professionals.