Zwane Sambo Inc comprises a practice of principled legal practitioners that hold Masters Degrees. Our experienced business professionals have expertise in several diverse specialities.
We specialise in sport and gaming law, employment law as well as corporate and commercial law.
In addition, Zwane Sambo Inc has expertise in financial management and internal auditing.
With our head office in Pretoria and a branch office in Mpumalanga, we operate in association with prominent Pretoria law firm Gerhard Botha and Associates.
Our clients include government departments, state-owned institutions, individuals as well as organisations and associations.
REG NO.: 2018/341401/21
BEE Rating: Level 1
Areas of specialisation
We at Zwane Sambo Incorporated use our legal knowledge and experience to meet or exceed the expectations of our diverse client base.
Working in the corporate, public and government sectors, we pride ourselves on our integrity, attention to detail and client-focused mindset.
We focus primarily on the following:
1. SPORTS AND GAMING LAW
1.1 Sports Law
The practice has solid experience and knowledge on all aspects relating to Sports Law, as its directors have been involved in this area since 2001.
We provide legal advice and support on the following:
- Managing negotiations and providing legal support during registration and transfer of players;
- Providing legal support for clubs, players and agents;
- Drafting and finalising contracts between clubs and players and between agents and players;
- Conducting and convening disciplinary and arbitration; proceedings on behalf of sports leagues, associations and federations;
- Representing players, clubs and associations at disciplinary and arbitration forums;
- Handling litigation and arbitration on behalf of clients from Association level to FIFA level;
- Handling insurance claims and procedures on behalf of players and/or clubs.
1.2 Gaming law
As a member of the International Masters of Gaming Lawyers (IMGL) and founders of the African Masters of Gaming Masters, we focus on gaming and gambling law in South Africa, Africa and internationally.
Our legal and related support includes:
- Representing clients at all public and regulation hearings of the National Gambling Board (NGB);
- Providing legal and administrative support for licence applications;
- Offering legal support in compliance with licence conditions;
- Assisting in all applications for amendments, relocations or any application incidental thereto;
- Representing clients in all disciplinary and/or arbitration proceedings brought against them by the regulator;
- Providing general legal advice on all gaming related matters;
- Litigation on any gaming law matter at the High Court, Supreme Court of Appeals and the Constitutional Court;
- Making representation on behalf of regulators and/or operators regarding policy formulation and drafting or amending legislation.
2. EMPLOYMENT LAW
The Practice specialises in employment law and all aspects thereof including the following:
- Handling adjudication and litigation at the Labour Court and the Labour Appeals Court on behalf of clients (e.g. employers, employees, trade unions or workers’ associations);
- Representing clients at mediation and arbitration proceedings at the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) and various Bargaining Councils;
- Providing legal support to employer associations and/or trade unions during negotiations and bargaining forums;
- Assisting with disciplinary proceedings – conducting the proceedings as presiding officers, initiating proceedings on behalf of employer or employer associations and representing employees or trade unions at such proceedings;
- Convening and establishing disciplinary forums on behalf of institutions and organisations;
- Drafting and finalising disciplinary codes for employer associations and organisations.
3. CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL LAW
Our focus and areas of specialisation in this category are:
- Corporate governance and business turn-around, corporate compliance and procurement and supply chain governance
- Insolvency law and business rescue
- Pension law and pension administration
- Investments and financial planning
- Medical negligence, insurance law and personal injury
- Administration law and administration of estates
- Land restitution and constitutional law litigation.
Some of our notable clients represent professional sporting organisations and federations, state-owned NDP’s, gaming associations and gambling bodies.
- Commission for Rights of Cultural, Religious and Linguistic Communities (CRL)
- National Youth Development Agency (NYDA)
- Mpumalanga Gambling Board (MGB)
- Foundation for African Business and Consumer Services (FABCOS)
- Railway Safety Regulator (RSR)
- ISAGO (IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations)
- Ntumba Chartered Accountants
- National Institute for the Humanities and Social Sciences (NIHSS)
- Thembisile Hani Local Municipality (THLM)
- Moeketsi Shai Strategic Consulting International
- Municipal Councillors Pension Fund (MCPF)
- Northwest Transport Investments SOC Ltd (NTI)