Areas Of Practice:
Arbitration, Association Agreements, Bail, Bail (24hrs / After Hours), Blacklistings, Business Law, Business Rescue, Civil, Commercial, Commercial Drafting, Communications and Media, Company Law, Company Registrations, Conservation and Wildlife, Construction, Consumer Law, Contracts, Corporate, Credit Law, Criminal, Drunk Driving, Due diligence audits, Employee Benefits, Employment Law, Engineering, Environmental Law, Estates, Evictions, Forestry, Freight and Carriage, General Practice, Industrial Law, Information Technology, Intellectual Property, Labour Law, Leases, Licensing, Litigation (Civil), Litigation (Commercial), Litigation (Corporate), Litigation (Criminal), Litigation (General), Litigation (High Court), Litigation (Magistrates Court), Maintenance, Mediation, Mine Health and Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, Outsourcing, Partnership Agreements, Pollution and Waste, Professional Ethics, Professional negligence, Property Law, Sale of Business, Security, Sexual Harassment, Shareholders Agreements, Shipping, Telecommunications, Trademarks, Transport Law, Trusts, Waste Law, Water Law, White Collar Crime
Jean is a admitted attorney, specialising in commercial contracts within the transport, logistics and engineering industries. This includes general commercial advice, corporate governance and compliance and risk reporting. Bail applications and maintenance order applications are also handled, per the terms below.
She is happy to meet you at your premises (within 10 km radius from Boksburg). Her modus operandi would be to understand the structure of your business so that the best risk management process and compliance with legislation can be implemented.
- Advice on taking positive steps in these difficult economic times
- Court work from commencement to completion of rescue.
- Commercial litigation
- Drafting - IT, lease (equipment and property), shareholders, sale of shares/business, supply of goods and services etc.
- Logistics contracts including procurement, warehousing and distribution, ad hoc transport and courier, subcontractor agreements, transportation locally or cross-border (container and break bulk).
- Limitation of liability provisions.
- Tender documents (issuing and responding).
- Risk reports on proposed transactions and legal consequences.
- Companies Act 2008 – new Memorandum of Incorporation, conversion of close corporations
- National Credit Act
- Consumer Protection Act
- PAIA manual in compliance with POPI Act
Employment and consultancy contracts
Opinion on prospects of success at CCMA.
Verbal advice given at upfront fee of R650 for an hour's consultation, including advice on how to claim at the maintenance court. Jean wil not however appear at court.
FICA obligations: whilst Jean appreciates that client identification and verification may not always be convenient, it is a statutory requirement that the prescribed steps are taken to identify and verify your identity and personal details, including credit information.
We look forward to a long and prosperous successful association with you!
Business rescue practitioner (2013)
Articles of clerkship: Deneys Reitz (2000-2001)
B. Proc. LLB