Areas Of Practice:
Bills of Legal Costs, Blacklistings, Business Law, Civil, Collections, Commercial, Commercial Drafting, Consumer Law, Contracts, Credit Law, Debt Collections, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Employment Law, Evictions, Family Law, General Practice, High Court Practice, Labour Law, Leases, Litigation (Civil), Litigation (Commercial), Litigation (General), Litigation (High Court), Litigation (Magistrates Court), Matrimonial, Partnership Agreements, Sale of Business, Shareholders Agreements
Mr van der Walt has practiced as an attorney for more than 15 years. He gained considerable experience in areas such as Magistrate’s and High Court litigation, Eviction matters, Labour disputes, Family Law, the drafting of agreements, settlement negotiations and court appearances.
He has in recent years specifically dealt with litigation relating to Eviction matters, Landlord and Tenant disputes, Divorces, Rescission of Judgments and Breach of Contract. He has a good understanding of the complexities relating to these areas of the law. He also gained intimate knowledge of the practices and procedures followed by the different courts in which he appeared. Some of the matters in which he acted include:
- Residential Eviction applications in the Randburg, Kempton Park, Krugersdorp and Pretoria Magistrate’s Courts.
- A Residential Eviction application in the Johannesburg High Court.
- An Opposed Commercial Eviction application in the Pretoria High Court.
- Section 32 applications to attach property in security of rent in the Randburg Magistrate’s Court
- Rescission of Judgment applications in the Randburg and Kempton Park Magistrate’s Courts as well as the Johannesburg High Court.
- An application for an Interdict in the Pretoria High Court
- Recovery of unpaid rentals in various courts
- Actions on behalf of contractors and home owners relating to Building Contract disputes
- Appearances at the Commission for Conciliation Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) to assist clients during Arbitration hearings.
- Appearances at the Metal & Engineering Industries Bargaining Council to assist a client during Arbitration.