Areas Of Practice:
Antenuptial Contracts, Bail, Bail (24hrs / After Hours), Business Law, Collections, Commercial, Commercial Drafting, Company Law, Company Registrations, Consumer Law, Contracts, Conveyancing, Debt Collections, Divorce, Divorce Mediation, Domestic Violence, Drunk Driving, Estates, Evictions, Family Law, Franchising, Intellectual Property, Joint Ventures and Acquisitions , Leases, Litigation (Commercial), Maintenance, POPI Act (POPIA) / Data Protection / Privacy Law, Property Law, Sale of Business, Shareholders Agreements, Trademarks, Wills
PO Box 904267, Faerie Glen, Pretoria, 0043
Maybery Inc. specialises in commercial law for small and medium-sized businesses. We have guided our clients through almost every legal issue businesses face, including both negative (litigation) and positive (transactional) legal challenges.
Some "negative" legal issues we have guided our commercial clients in include:
- Recovery of outstanding payments (debt collection)
- Defence against lawsuits
- Labour issues, including CCMA claims, correct retrenchment procedures, labour policies, employment contracts and disciplinary hearings
- Contractual disputes (for example, with service providers, subcontractors, clients and franchisees/franchisors)
- Prosecuting litigation for damages to business reputation as well as infringement of trademarks and copyright
- Corporate governance - related litigation, for example in the hijacking of directorship of a company.
Some "positive" legal tasks we have helped our commercial clients with to develop their businesses include:
- Registration of businesses and favourable corporate structuring
- Trade mark registration
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Negotiating the exit of unfavourable contracts including commercial leases
- Creation of franchises
- Buying and selling of businesses
- Advice on compliance with POPI, the Competition Act, the Consumer Protection Act, PAIA, the Companies Act and other Regulations.
Maybery Inc. is situated in Pretoria East and provides service both in Gauteng and nationally via online consultation and a network of correspondence attorney colleagues. Our team comprises experienced Attorneys and in-house Advocate counsel - allowing us to provide expert advice in both pre-litigation aspects, contract negotiations and trial litigation.
Our firm's ratings speak for itself. We pride ourselves on our pragmatic, real-world advice to clients - encouraging proactive steps for your business to avoid legal issues before they arise.
Maybery Inc. understands the heart of an entrepreneur, and it gives us great satisfaction to see our clients succeed in business.