Zaheer Moosa focuses on corporate and commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, crafting and interpreting various forms of commercial contracts and agreements for different types of entities, regulatory compliance reviews, regulatory license applications, e-commerce, data privacy law, and corporate governance.
- Assistance and advisory to a major commercial bank with respect to the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to Authorised Over-the-counter Derivative Providers, and an application for an Over-the-counter Derivatives Provider License.
- Assisted in advising a foreign company on the legal and regulatory framework applicable to importing aircraft from South Africa.
- Assisted in advising a commercial bank on the interpretation of its Deposit Investment Account Agreement and the consequences of disinvestment.
- Assisted in advising a mining company on the interpretation of its trust deed and the provisions of South African trust law.
- Assisted in advising a prominent construction company with respect to its compliance obligations in terms of health and safety legislation.
- Assisted in providing advice on the regulatory framework surrounding Special Purpose Acquisition companies.
- Assistance and advisory to companies in diverse sectors, on various aspects of company and commercial law, including commercial agreements, corporate governance and the King IV Code, partnership dissolution and restructuring, revision of memorandum of incorporation and shareholder agreements, interpretation of lease agreements, and data privacy and the Protection of Personal Information Act