Lutfiyyah Ahmed focuses on regulatory compliance including technology, media, telecommunications law, complex transactions, and data privacy and protection.
An in-depth understanding of these practice areas makes her the obvious choice to provide advice and training on practical regulatory implementations, including the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act and the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA).
She has acted for various national and international clients in both the public and private sector.
- Advising various telecommunications companies in respect of regulatory, commercial and licencing matters.
- Advising clients on the data protection laws in South Africa.
- Providing POPIA training to various clients.
- Assisting various clients including a multinational information technology, a large coal mining and various pharmaceutical companies with their implementation of POPIA.
- Assisting one of the largest banks in the UK with its review and update of 150 contracts to ensure GDPR compliance.
- Assisting international clients with regulatory matters including ICASA approvals and advice relating spectrum allocations.