Margeaux Malherbe focuses on general dispute resolution based on breaches of contracts, including civil litigation and arbitrations. This includes court procedures in the lower and higher courts.
She also conducts proceedings in various other fora such as the International Trade Administration Commission and the National Consumer Tribunal.
Her experience also extends to investigations, consumer law, in particular product liability, and regulatory work, including reviewing policies and agreements, as well as the homologation of products into South Africa.
As part of the litigation team, Margeaux has represented large international and South African companies in both public and private sectors.
- Representing a large and high-profile international automotive client in highly publicised inquest proceedings.
- Representing a state-owned telecommunications company in court proceedings in the SCA and Consumer Tribunal proceedings up to the level of the Constitutional Court.
- Representing fast-food retail clients in franchise disputes.
- Representing a large electronics company in a contractual dispute with a government entity.
- Representing a large glass manufacturer, exporter and wholesaler in an anti-dumping inquiry initiated by the International Trade and Administration Commission.
- Representing a media production company in defending delictual claims.
- Representing an architecture firm in a copyright dispute.
- Successfully obtaining an urgent interdict for a large South African developer.