Margeaux Malherbe focuses on general dispute resolution, including civil litigation and arbitrations, as well as procedures in the lower courts, higher courts, and various other fora such as ITAC and the National Consumer Tribunal.
She also has experience in regulatory work, including reviewing policies and agreements, and the homologation of products into South Africa.
As part of the litigation team, Margeaux has represented large international and South African companies in both public and private sectors.
- Representing a large and high-profile international automotive client in highly publicised inquest proceedings.
- Representing a state-owned telecommunications company in court proceedings in the SCA and Consumer Tribunal proceedings up to the level of the Constitutional Court.
- Representing fast-food retail clients and automotive industry clients in franchise disputes.
- Representing a large electronics company in a contractual dispute with a government entity.
- Representing a large glass manufacturer, exporter and wholesaler in an anti-dumping inquiry initiated by the International Trade and Administration Commission.
- Representing a media production company in defending delictual claims.
- Representing an architecture firm in a copyright dispute.