Hopewell Sathekge focuses on commercial property law and has assisted in a number of projects, including registration of mortgage and notarial bonds for both local and international banks and private fund
The thesis for his masters in commercial law focused largely on registration of securities at the South African Deeds Office
Hopewell was posted to London in 2018. He was seconded to Uber in London for three months to assist with their real estate matters within the Europe, Middle East and Africa regions. He continues to provide ad hoc real estate legal support for Uber's operations in Africa.
- Attended to the transfer of a site to be used by BMW (South Africa) in its production of the new generation BMW X3.
- Attended to transfer of property to be used by the Provincial Government of Gauteng for its Disaster Management Centre.
- Assisted on Sandton Skye, a three-tower mixed use hotel/residential development of 600 units.
- Assisted on Ihitha in Beverley, a 140-unit sectional title development.
- Assisted on KADO Lifestyle Village, a development in Randburg's prestigious Boskruin area, earmarked for residents of 55 years and older.
- Assisted on Millbrook, an 84-unit sectional title development in Northriding, Randburg.
- Preparation and registration of security documents in favour of local and international banks and private funds.
- Registration of a ZAR100m general and special notarial bond in favour of an international specialist banking and asset management group by a mining industry supplier.