Areas Of Practice:
3rd Party claims, Access to Children, Administrative Law, Arbitration, Association Agreements, Aviation, Banking, Bankruptcy Law, Bills of Legal Costs, Blacklistings, Business Law, Business Rescue, Cellular Law, Childrens Rights, Civil, Civil Unions, Collections, Commercial, Commercial Drafting, Company Law, Company Registrations, Competition Law, Constitutional, Construction, Consumer Law, Contracts, Copyright, Corporate, Credit Law, Debt Collections, Debt consolidation, Deceased Estates, Divorce, Employee Benefits, Employment Equity, Employment Law, Estates, Evictions, Family Law, Foreclosures, General Practice, High Court Practice, Human rights, Immigration / Emigration, Industrial Law, Industrial Relations, Insolvency, Insurance (Marine), Insurance Law, Intellectual Property, Islamic Law, Joint Ventures and Acquisitions , Labour Law, Land Claims, Leases, Liquidation, Litigation (Civil), Litigation (Commercial), Litigation (Constitutional), Litigation (Corporate), Litigation (Criminal), Litigation (General), Litigation (High Court), Litigation (Insurance), Litigation (Land Claims Court), Litigation (Magistrates Court), Litigation (Tax), Maintenance, Mediation, Medical Negligence, Mergers and Acquisitions, Mine Health and Safety, Mineral Law/Rights, Mining, Occupational Health and Safety, Partnership Agreements, Patents, Pensions and Retirement Funds, Permenant and Temporary residence permits, Personal Injury, Professional negligence, Property Law, Rehabilitations, Retirement Fund Law, Sale of Business, Sectional Title, Sequestrations, Sexual Harassment, Shareholders Agreements, Telecommunications, Trade and Industry, Trademarks, Wills, Work and Study Permits
TURNER INC ATTORNEYS was founded by Bianca Turner in 2012. Originally, she practiced in partnership with Stephen Nthite as Nthite Turner Attorneys. Stephen subsequently left practice and, after incorporation of the firm, the trading name was changed to Turner Inc. Attorneys.
TURNER INC ATTORNEYS is a dynamic law firm born out of a desire to create a legal platform that is not only fully representative of our multi-cultural country but which is highly skilled and focused on the provision of practical and cost effective legal services to clientele in all spheres of the economy. We service corporate clientele and high net worth individuals who expect a premier and tailored personalized service, whilst remaining accessible to the general public and smaller corporate entities, ensuring that we remain a proactive and responsible corporate citizen of South Africa.
OUR VISION is to grow a national brand with a uniquely and proudly South African flavour that provides specialist legal services and advice to our clients. Core to this is our ability to align our interests with those of our clients, both locally and in partnership with other law firms where a national or even global reach is required. In order to accomplish this we rely not only on our skills in traditional drafting, advising and litigation but also seek to understand what drives our clients' and their businesses.
OUR FIELDS OF PRACTICE
Our firm focuses on, inter alia, the following fields:
- Drafting of all leases (commercial and residential) in compliance with existing legislation;
- Drafting of sale agreement;
- Drafting of contracts for construction and urban developments;
- Property transfers and full service conveyancing;
- Evictions – commercial, retail, industrial and residential (under the PIE Act, ESTA and the common law);
- Commercial, retail and industrial property litigation including evictions;
- Sectional Title and HOA litigation and assisting Bodies Corporate and HOAs in securing proper Management Rules and Memoranda of Incorporation;
- We are currently advising our sectional title property managers on the proposed changes to the Sectional Title Act and the impact on litigation
Business Rescue | Debt Review | Liquidation | Insolvency
Bianca is finalizing her LLM, Insolvency with the University of Pretoria and she is expected to complete same by the middle of 2017. In 2012 she completed the Advanced Short Course on Business Rescue Practice. In 2015 she passed with distinction a Programme in Practical Insolvency Litigation and Administration through the University of Pretoria. As a result, she has extensive training and experience in Insolvency Law.
- Advising and assisting clients on all aspects of business rescue (companies) and debt review (persons);
- Drafting and opposing debt review applications;
- Obtaining debt review orders in conjunction with certified debt reviewers;
- Drafting and opposing applications for business rescue;
- Drafting and opposing applications for liquidation or sequestration in its various forms (voluntary or compulsory bearing in mind the impact and application of the old and new Companies’ Act, the Close Corporations Act, the Insolvency Act and the proposed Insolvency Bill);
- We are currently advising our corporate clients who deal with insolvency law frequently on the proposed Insolvency Bill and the expected impact on insolvency litigation.
Insurance and RAF matters
We have extensive experience in this field and boast a large, well developed department specializing in insurance litigation and RAF work. On the insurance side, we specialize not only in motor claims but all other areas of risk, including fire, water, lighting, personal injury and public liability cover. In particular, we provide the following services:
- Assessment of merits and financial viability;
- Instituting legal proceedings and litigation up to trial, including the running of trials in-house and execution of judgments.
In this regard our firm adds value to clients by providing the following services:
- Advice and drafting of all agreements;
- Prospecting rights applications;
- Mining rights applications;
- Litigation relating to mining contracts and rights;
- Health and safety policies and procedures and inquiries.
Labour and Employment | Immigration Law
We have extensive experience in both the above fields. We are able to offer professional services to international clients who wish to enter the Republic of South Africa on a temporary basis or on a permanent basis. Considered advice is given to each client’s based on their personal needs and the purpose of entry into the Republic of South Africa with due regard to the relevant and applicable immigration policies and current immigration laws of South Africa.
In relation to labour law our attorneys are able to offer clients professional and effective assistance with, inter alia:
- Unlawful retrenchments;
- Non payment of salary;
- Unfair dismissals;
- Labour disputes;
- Harassment, victimization, discrimination;
- Disciplinary actions;
- CCMA hearings;
- Labour Court referrals;
- Drafting Policies and Procedures across the board.
We have extensive training and experience in the above fields. This enables us to provide a full range of services to our clients, which encompass, inter alia:
- Assisting clients in choosing a business form most suitable to their needs and operations and where applicable to covert from one form to another;
- Registration of new companies under applicable legislation and ensuring compliance therewith;
- Amending clients’ business details and records in order to ensure good corporate governance;
- Mergers and acquisitions (including conducting due diligence procedures, drafting agreements and securing the labour and contractual aspects of the transaction)
- Drafting of contracts related to companies including shareholders’ agreements and Memoranda of Incorporation;
- Advising clients on the implications of existing contracts;
- Corporate assessments (including due diligence);
- General commercial advice and drafting of various types of corporate and commercial agreements including procurement agreements, shareholder, partnership and members’ agreement;
- Assisting clients with litigation flowing from corporate and commercial agreements.
Litigation | Debt Collection | General Dispute Resolution
We have a formidable team of debt collectors. The professionals in our firm are all well qualified and experienced in all aspects of the above fields, which includes:
- Instituting proceedings both by way of action or application out of the Districts’ Courts; Regional Courts, High Courts, the Labour Court and the Land Claims Court and finalizing litigation in these forums in the most cost effective and timeous manner possible;
- Pursuing uncollected debts on behalf of clients through the most efficient procedures available, including listing of debtors on credit bureaus;
- We accept correspondent instructions from a variety of firms nationwide;
- Arbitration, mediation and conciliation.
- Commercial and non commercial aviation license applications;
- CAA compliance;
- Aircraft commercial ACMI leases;
- Aircraft commercial dry leases;
- Aircraft maintenance agreements.
We have a small but steadily developing family law department that assists clients with divorce mediation, negotiating settled divorces, litigating in defended divorces and enforcing maintenance orders.